Contact us | Above & Beyond Boating

Courses        Packages        Boating Insights        About        Contact Us

Contact us
Please fill in the contact form below and you will hear back from us very promptly
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this radio licence internationally recognised?
Yes, it is also recognised by AMSA to be issued with an MMSI number to program into your DSC marine radio and your boats AIS transmitter.
I have a VHF radio and an HF radio onboard. Which course should I take?
HF Radio Course, which also includes the VHF radio training. We only recommend the HF radio course if you are planning to be onboard a vessel that will be a carrying an HF radio. For most situations the VHF Course is the most appropriate course boating. Please feel free to use the contact us form above if you would like specific guidance for your boating on which course you should enrol in.
How do I get my radio licence once I finish the e-learning course?
We have the option for you to sit a remote assessment with us, which has a $100 assessment fee. This is booked through an online calendar and paid for when you make the booking. If you already have a radio licence, but want to use the course to update your knowledge on the modern technology and requirements you may not need to resit the assessment. If you have an older licence that did not include Digital Selective Calling in a marine environment and you need an MMSI you are likely to need to update your licence. AMSA will be able to confirm for you if they will accept your current licence.
My Safety and Sea Survival Certificate (SSSC) has expired. Can I revalidate with just the e-learning course? 
No, you also need to book a practical training session to complete the in-water exercises. You book this directly with your local Australian Sailing Safety and Sea Survival Training Centre, and there are options for this in every state of Australia.

How do I get my International Certificate of Competence (ICC) once I finish my RYA Day Skipper Shorebased Course?
Experienced skippers can organise a direct assessment which takes around 4 hours, and up to two people can be assessed at any time. There are RYA training centres in 42 countries that can provide this assessment. Skippers who do not already have the experience to a direct evaluation would need to complete the five days or three weekends RYA Day Skipper Practical Training Course. This course is available with RYA Practical Training Centres all over the world. 
Do you run the practical training sessions for these courses?
No, we finished running the practical training sessions in 2019, so we could continue building and supporting our e-learning courses. We have partnered with the leading RYA and Australian Sailing Centres and Clubs, so you can use our e-learning to complete your studies and then select a practical training centre that works for you.
I want to develop my boat handling skills. Which course would you recommend?
The Online Skipper Course is the best course for you Online Skipper Course, and this course can be studied in 6-7 hours. Above & Beyond Boating has a background in training on privately owned boats, and this has been Neil’s specialist area since 2005. 
I have a question that was not covered here can you help me?
Sure, either email or fill out the contact form above. You will hear back from us very soon, usually on the day. 
© Above & Beyond Boating
Pricing in Australian Dollars
ABN: 11167076922